Pancakes!

I've gotten several requests for the pancake recipe I use. I have several and it really depends on whether I have fresh buttermilk in the fridge at the time. I only buy it for this recipe so I suppose it really depends on whether we add it to the grocery list. I am a big fan of online recipe sites yet find a reliable source to be the magnificent Martha Stewart. Say what you will, the lady has some very good core recipes.


You can grab the original link here:

http://www.marthastewart.com/318689/best-buttermilk-pancakes

I make adjustments to this recipe from time to time but my three main changes are that I use whole grain flour mixed with millet flour, I always add freshly grated organic lemon zest and I cook with organic coconut oil (I like the one from Spectrum for medium to high heat - tip from a brilliant friend).


I know it sounds like a big deal but it takes me less than ten minutes to throw all the ingredients together and get the first batch on. My dad and mother-in-law love the ready mixes - many people do but once you've converted to the real deal it is hard to settle for anything less. Everyone LOVES these pancakes! Will post my alternative pancake recipes later. Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:
As promised last month, here is my alternative pancake recipe.
Pancake Recipe # 2:
Add 2.5 tablespoons of white vinegar to 1 and 1/4 cup of 2% milk and let stand
In separate bowl add:
1.5 cups of flour ( I use two kinds)
2 tbs of organic cane sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3 tbs butter melted
Mix the dry ingredients together, mix the wet ingredients with the milk mixture and then combine.


No comments:

Post a Comment