Turkish Coffee



When I was first married, I was asked to make Turkish coffee for my in-laws. This was serious business meant to determine whether I was good in the kitchen. I had practiced and knew I had it in me to make an excellent cup with just the right amount of the rich coffee to water. As to custom, I asked if they preferred sugar and took orders from smiling, expectant faces. Long story short, I mixed up the sugar with salt (my Turkish was dismal back then). I still recall the shocked then amused expressions and the polite sips. My husband burst out laughing, giving up their attempts to hide my gaffe. Today my husband makes our Turkish coffee as often as I do and I had to share this picture of his latest attempt. A desire to please the ones you love is always delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment